Sunday, December 11, 2011

Getting A Haircut

One thing I don't like to do is getting a haircut. First of all, we have to pay for getting one. And the second one is that, the barbershop guy (tukan cukur) does what he feels our hair should look like.

Okay here goes the story:
After getting back from church and preparation for next sunday's school, I decided to get a haircut because earlier in the morning, one of my Sunday School student asked me to get a haircut, by the way I teach Sunday school at an orphanage not far away from home.
*One of the orphans: kak Iman, why don't you get a haircut, your hair is getting longer, and if you were at my elementary school you would definitly get suspended for you hair.
*Me :

so after church, I went straight to the barbershop and asked for a haircut.

At the barbershop, the Barber asked me to sit and asked me how I would like my hair to be:
Barber: Mas, how would you like hair done?
Me: just the same model as this, but just shorten it, but remember NOT TOO SHORT!!
Barber: siap mas (it means okay)

Yup, that was my exact words to the guy.
So he went straight to work and got his tools ready.
I stood still while enjoying the nice sunday afternoon while listening to the music at the barbershop.

When it was done, the barber asked me
Barber: is this how you wanted it? is too short?
OOOooooooohhh
Me: (saying inside my head: it is too short man!!!) not saying anthing outloud
Barber: do want it to be shorter??
NO!

Me: NOOO!!! Its fine. thank you
I went straight to the cashier and took off.

You see, it's not that I dont like getting my hair and always complaining about it. Is just that it's never right, only like once every five times the Barber gets it right...
Next time I'm getting my hairdone, I'll explain it to the barber very detail and step by step.



A hair in the head is worth two in the brush.  ~Oliver Herford

No comments:

Post a Comment